Have you quit the carbs? These homemade lettuce wraps are a delicious alternative to bread. Make them in your kitchen and clean up afterwards with Krud Kutter.
4 cups water
2 cups uncooked white rice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound ground pork
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cubed
2 carrots, shredded
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon hot chile paste
1 head iceberg lettuce leaves, separated
Krud Kutter All-Purpose Kitchen Cleaner and Degreaser
Clean dish rag
- In a saucepan combine the water and rice. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer for 20 minutes, until all of the water is absorbed. Set the rice aside and keep it warm.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Cook the pork, green onions, and garlic for until lightly brown, about 5 minutes. Add the tofu, carrot, Hoisin and soy sauces, stirring frequently until heated through. Remove from heat, and stir in the sesame oil and chile paste.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface, and gently roll out to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with a floured donut cutter and space them out on the floured cutting board. Let dough rise again until double, covered lightly with a tea towel or loose cloth.
- Spoon a small amount of rice into each lettuce leaf, top with the stir-fry mixture, and drizzle with additional soy sauce or hoisin, if desired. Wrap the lettuce leaf to enclose the filling.
- After serving, clean your food prep area by spraying a few pumps of Krud Kutter All-Purpose Kitchen Cleaner and Degreaser on the areas you’ve used. Let the solution sit for approximately 1 minute, then wipe with a clean dish rag.