This homemade dessert looks like you’ve slaved in the kitchen, but this recipe is a cinch and cleanup is even easier with Krud Kutter.
4 pears, peeled, cored, and quartered
4 cups water
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
¼ cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
¼ tsp allspice
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ cup heavy cream
¼ cup whole milk
2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
4 ounces dark or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Krud Kutter All-Purpose Kitchen Cleaner and Degreaser
Clean dish rag
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the pears in half and remove the cores. Arrange the pears cut side up in a 9-inch square baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Fill a medium sized pot with water, brown sugar, honey, vanilla, allspice & cinnamon. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to thicken.
- Pour the spice mixture over the pears and bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes.
- While the pears cool and in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, warm together cream, milk, sugar and butter. Stir to dissolve sugar. Turn heat off and add chocolate and vanilla. Stir until chocolate is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Place warm pears on a serving platter and drizzle with warm chocolate sauce. Serve immediately.
- Clean your counter space once you’ve cleared the dishes. Spray a few pumps of Krud Kutter All-Purpose Kitchen Cleaner and Degreaser on the food prep area. Let the solution sit for approximately 1 minute, then wipe with a clean dish rag.